2% Kojic Acid Cream & Face Serum Benefits | Is It Good For Your Skin Type?
2% Kojic Acid Cream & Face Serum Benefits
What is a Kojic Acid
Kojic acid (5-hydroxy-2 hydroxymethyl-4-pyrone) is a naturally occurring hydrophilic fungal product derived from certain species of Acetobacter, Aspergillus, and Penicillium. It reduces hyper-pigmentation by inhibiting the production of free tyrosinase and is also a potent antioxidant.
What Are The 2% Kojic Acid Products we can Use
There are various 2% Kojic Acid Products available, we can use them as our skin-care routine. The main 2% kojic acid are listed below.
- 2% Kojic Acid Soap.
- 2% Kojic Acid Face serum
- 2% kojic Acid Face Cream
- 2% kojic Acid Face Wash & Soap.
Why Should One Use It
2% Kojic acid primary use and benefit is to lighten visible sun damage, age spots, or scars. This can result in an anti-aging effect on the skin. In addition to skin-lightening effects, kojic acid also contains some antimicrobial properties. This can help treat acne caused by bacteria in the skin.
The Science Behind Kojic Acid
Kojic acid (KA) is a natural metabolite produced by fungi that has the ability to inhibit tyrosinase activity in synthesis of melanin. KA has the ability to act as a UV protector, suppressor of hyper-pigmentation in human and restrainer of melanin formation, due to its tyrosinase inhibitory activity.
Benefits of 2% Kojic Acid Cream & Face Serum
The benefits of using products containing kojic acid may include the following:
- Anti-aging effect - Products containing kojic acid may lighten the skin, which can improve the appearance of age spots and sun damage. The reduction of dark spots can have an anti-aging effect.
- Treat melasma - Kojic acid may also be helpful in decreasing melasma, which is darkening of the skin due to pregnancy.
- Decrease the appearance of scars - Kojic acid may also reduce the discoloration of scars. Although the acid does not improve the thickness of scar tissue, it may reduce dark pigmentation associated with certain types of scars. Lightening the scar may make it less noticeable.
- Antifungal benefits - 2% Kojic acid is also thought to have some antifungal benefits. It may be helpful in preventing and treating certain fungal infections, such as athlete’s foot and yeast infections.
- Antibacterial effects - 2% Kojic acid may also provide antibacterial benefits. It may help decrease the chances of developing common types of bacterial skin infections.
- Pigmentation - Kojic acid is a natural skin lightening agent used in many skin care products. It helps you treat hyper-pigmentation, dark spots. Pigmentation can be handled by the use of Kojic acid.
How To Use Kojic Acid Serum
Always do a patch test! Start by applying the kojic acid product in the evening to a small area on your forehead (where your facial skin is thickest). If there’s no irritation within 24hrs, begin applying the product as spot treatment to your skin every night. If there’s no irritation after a week and you want to get more aggressive with the treatment, begin applying the 2% kojic acid product both morning and night.
If your skin is super sensitive, when introducing a new kojic acid to your skin, begin using your new kojic acid 2 percent just once or twice per week to ensure that your skin can tolerate the ingredient. In addition, for those with sensitive skin it is recommended to only use 2percent kojic acid in concentrations of 1% - 2Percent or less to avoid irritation.
Like Other creams and serums such as vitamin c, hyaluronic (HA) acid and Nicinamide serum, kojic acid 2% can work amazingly on pigmentation when applied in the combination.
You can apply kojic acid directly to the areas on your face affected by hyper-pigmentation as spot treatment, or you can apply your kojic acid product to your entire face (avoid eyes, lips, and mouth). Besides your face, your chest and hands are other areas that hyper-pigmentation can affect as well. Therefore, you can also apply kojic acid to the tops of your hands and chest.
What to Use along With kojic Acid Serum
Kojic acid can make your skin more susceptible to sunburn and more sensitive to UV rays. Melanin helps protect your skin from sunburn, and since kojic acid limits melanin production, it leaves your skin more vulnerable to sunburn. In addition, if your skin is not protected, UV rays can further damage your skin, causing more hyper-pigmentation, and we know you don’t want that. Make sure to limit your time in the sun and apply sunscreen daily.
1. What percentage of kojic acid face cream or Serum is effective?
Kojic acid should be diluted to concentrations of no more than 4 percent. A concentration of 1 to 2 percent is recommended to reduce the chance of skin irritation.
2. Difference Between 2% Kojic Acid and Kojic Acid?
No difference, it is just the percentage of KA used in mostly cream and serums for best results.
3. Is 2% Kojic Acid Cream Really Good For Pigmentation on Skin?
Like other acids such as azelaic acid, glycolic acid, lactic acid, linoleic acid, ascorbic acid, ferulic acid, Kojic acid and its 2% formulation is best for fading pigmentation on skin.
4. Can I Use Kojic Acid Cream and Vitamin C Serum Together?
you can use 1% Kojic Acid & 20% Vitamin C Serum together but make sure you follow an AM-PM routine.
5. What Are Kojic Acid Products?
It's most often used as a skin-lightening agent. Kojic acid can be found in a number of different types of cosmetic products, including powders, serums, creams, cleansers, and soaps. Powders should be mixed with water or lotion, depending on the product instructions.
2% Kojic Acid cream considered to be more effective than a 2 Percent Kojic Acid Face Serum.
6. How To Use 2% Kojic Acid Face Creams and Serum?
Apply Kojic cream on the acne spots with unique spot applicator. Recommended for twice daily application (once during daytime and once during night). After application of Kojic cream, apply a sunscreen before stepping out in the sun. Spending time in sun may increase the severity of acne induced hyperpigmentation.
7. Is 2% Kojic Skin Lightening Cream Effective On Indian Skin?
being a skin-lightening agent, it looks a clear and radiant glow on face.
8. Why Dermatologists Love Kojic Acid for Preventing Dark Spots?
Because of its ability to really penetrate the layers of your skin and stop the production of melanin, 2% kojic acid Face Serum is do it by inhibiting the production of free tyrosinase and is also a potent antioxidant.
9. Who Should Use 2% Kojic Acid Cream and Serum?
Anyone seeking to improve the look of discoloration caused by sun damage, melasma, and/or post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation that occurs after a blemish. it's also a good option for those want to avoid or can't tolerate hydroquinone, one of the most often used skin-lightening ingredients.
10. 2% Kojic Acid Cream is Good For Hyperpigmentation?
Yes, Kojic Acid Cream with its 2% concentration along with alpha arbutin is beneficial for hyperpigmentation and pigmentation, also ideal for oily, sensitive and combination skin.
11. Where to Buy Best Alpha Arbutin 2% and Kojic Acid 1% Serum?
12. Can I Use Kojic Acid Face Serum For Dusky Skin Tone?
Kojic acid serum is no doubt good for skin brightening, it can bring a radiant glow on face. dusky skin color as specific can be lighten by the use of this and few other skincare face serum.