Difference Between 20% & 10% Vitamin C Serum | Which One Is Good For Your Face?
Difference Between 20% & 10% Vitamin C Serum For Face & Skin
The Major and only difference in the above two kinds of vitamin c serums are their concentration level. The sweet spot for the concentration level is between 10 and 20 percent. You definitely want a concentration that's higher than 8 percent for maximum effectiveness. But going over 20 percent could lead to irritation and doesn't increase its benefit.
Benefits Of 20% Vitamin C Serum
As it has got the high and perfect concentration level of "3-O-Ethyl Ascorbic Acid" form, it has an immense brightening effect. It’s formulated to make skin glow by removing blemishes and fine lines. The active ingredients in the serum penetrate the skin from within to lighten the skin tone, giving it a radiant look removes the clogged pores as per The Derma Expert Skin-care.
What to Use Along with 10% Vitamin C Serum
From the safety point of view Vitamin C Serum is ideally safe, various products can be use along-with 10% or 20% Vitamin C Serum depending on the skin type.
We can use vitamin C serum alongside other skin care products. However, people should be careful about combinations of vitamin C and:
- benzoyl peroxide
People should stop using a product if they experience adverse skin reactions, such as itchiness, redness, discoloration, or tingling.
What All Are The Possible Skin Benefits Of Above Two Types Of Vitamin C Face Serum:
- reduces wrinkles
- protects collagen and increases production
- aids wound healing
- helps protect against sun damage
- reduces hyperpigmentation
- evens skin tone
- brightens complexion
- acts like armor against pollution and other free radicals
How To Use:
- After cleansing and toning your face, take 2-3 drops of Vitamin C serum on your fingertips with a dropper. Apply it on the face by gently tapping it on the skin. With a circular motion, evenly spread the serum and allow your skin to absorb it.
- It can be used other 1 or 2% Hyaluronic Acid and 2 % kojic Acid Creams as well.
- It can be applied in the morning(AM) and evening(PM). Always wear a broad-spectrum sunscreen SPF 30 and above while using Vitamin C serum.
Skin Type :
In rare cases , people who have hypersensitive skin may experience minor irritation. Vitamin C is also safe to use with other skin care actives, including alpha hydroxy acids, retinols, and SPF.
people with Oily, Dry, combination, Acne-prone & sensitive skin can use it. Make sure you initially do a patch test and see if your skin is not suitable for such kind of serums.
Best 20% Vitamin C Face Serum With 1% Kojic acid?
1. What is Vitamin C (Ethyl Ascorbic Acid) 10% + Acetyl Glucosamine 1%?
It is a vitamin C derivative "Ethyl Ascorbic Acid" that has 86% pure Vitamin C content. That is much higher than 40-50% content present in other Vitamin C derivatives. At a pH ~ 4.0 it is highly stable and effective.
2. Which Is The Best Vitamin C Serums According to Dermatologists?
At a pH ~ 4.0 it is highly stable and effective and concentration level of 8 to 20 Percent is usually recommended by the Dermatologists across the world and in india as well, as this considered to be perfect to us for indian skin type.
3. Is 20percent & 10% Vitamin C Face Serum For Day or Night?
Use vitamin C serums in the morning. Where as it can be applied the night or the PM Serum as well.
There's certainly no law against using vitamin C products in the evening, but you may get the most benefit from using them in the morning. “In general vitamin C products should be applied in the morning before heading out for the day, when UV radiation is at its highest.
4. What Is Ethyl Ascorbic Acid Vitamin C Serum?
Ethyl Ascorbic Acid is a water-soluble, stable vitamin C derivative and highly effective antioxidant, improves collagen synthesis and reduces wrinkles. With its skin-lightening effect, the active ingredient is a popular ingredient for appropriate skin creams and care products.
5. What Percentage Of Vitamin C Serum Is Best?
when it comes to choosing the percentage of vitamin c serum, anything above 8% and below 20% is considered to be the best one.
20percent is way more too effective and widely popular for its fast effects.